(1) Conger, J. J. (1956). Alcoholism: Theory, problem, and challenge: II. Reinforcement theory and the dynamics of alcoholism. Quarterly Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 17, 296-305.
(2) Josephs, R. A., & Steele, C. M. (1990). The two faces of alcohol myopia: Attentional mediation of psychological stress. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 99, 115-126.
(3) Childs, E., O’Connor, S.., & de Wit, H. (2011). Bidirectional interactions between acute psychosocial stress and acute intravenous alcohol in healthy men. Clinical and Experimental Research, 35, 1794-1803.
(4) Farook, J. M., Lewis, B., Littleton, J. M., & Barron, S. (2009). Topiramate attenuates the stress-induces increase in alcohol consumption and preference in male C57BL/6J mice. Physiology & Behavior, 96, 189-193. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2008.08.01
(5) Higley, J. D., Hasert, M. F., Suomi, S. J., & Linnoila, M. (1991). Nonhuman primate model of alcohol abuse: Effects of early experience, personality, and stress on alcohol concumption. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 88, 7261-7265.
(6) Lê, A. D., Quan B., Juzytch, W., Fletcher, .J., Joharchi, N., & Shaham, Y. (1998). Reinstatement of alcohol-seeking by priming injections of alcohol and exposure to stress in rats. Psychopharmacology 135, 169-174.
(7) Holahan, C. J. et al. (2001). Drinking to cope, emotional distress and alcohol use and abuse: A ten-year model. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, March, 190-198.
(8) Cunradi, C. B., Greiner, B. A., Ragland, D. R., & Fisher, J. (2005). Alcohol, stress-related factors, and short-term absenteeism among urban transit operators. Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, 82, 43-57.
(9) Sillaber, I., & Henniger, M. S. (2004). Stress and alcohol drinking. Annals of Medicine, 36, 596−605.
(10) Peele, S., & & Brodsky, A. (2000). Exploring psychological benefits associated with moderate alcohol use: A necessary corrective to assessment of drinking outcomes? Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 60, 221-247.
(11) Cooper, M. L., Frone, M. R., Russell, M., & Mudar, P. (1995). Drinking to regulate positive and negative emotions: A motivational model of alcohol use. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 69, 990-1005.
(12) Vengeliene, V., Siegmund, S., Singer, M. V., Sinclair, J. D., Li, T. K., & Spanagel, R. (2003). A comparative study on alcohol-preferring rat lines: effects of deprivation and stress phases on voluntary alcohol intake. Alcohol: Clinical and Experimental Research 27, 1048−1054.